Future’s newest mission The WIZRD has earned the platinum-selling artist his sixth No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 for the week ending January 24. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie’s Hoodie SZN mission takes a 13 % dip to land within the Top three, whereas Meek Mill’s Championships album additionally takes a 13 % hit to wind up within the Top 5.
Elsewhere on the chart, XXXTENTACION Presents: Members Only Vol. four compilation makes its debut at No. 23 and the Aesop Rock-helmed duo Malibu Ken enters the chart at No. 176 with its self-titled effort.
He’s Gotta Wear Shades
Future’s music profession continues to blossom together with his sixth No. 1 album in three years and 5 months, the quickest accumulation since Elton John within the ’70s. With 125,948 complete album equal items, 15,300 pure album gross sales and a streaming depend of 143,619,329, The WIZRD simply nabbed the Billboard 200 crown.
In 2017, Future and HNDRXX (his fifth and sixth studio albums, respectively) debuted at No. 1 back-to-back. Subsequently, Future grew to become the primary artist to debut two albums at No. 1 on the identical time on the Billboard 200 and Canadian Albums Chart.
XXXTENTACION Lives On
Despite XXXTENTACION’s 2018 capturing dying, his legacy lives on. Earlier this month, Empire launched a set of songs titled XXXTENTACION Presents: Members Only Vol. four, which accommodates beforehand unheard tracks from the late Florida rapper in addition to contemporary cuts from his Members Only collective.
But with 21,zero14 complete album equal items, 2,922 pure album gross sales and a streaming depend of 27,282,609, it was solely sufficient to land at No. 23. Meanwhile, his final official studio album ? has been on the charts for the previous 45 weeks and is hanging comparatively regular at No. 18.
Aes & TOBACCO Are Malibu Ken
Consistently cryptic wordsmith Aesop Rock and longtime buddy TOBACCO of Black Moth Super Rainbow teamed up for a brand new mission known as Malibu Ken. Their self-titled inaugural mission pulled in 5,875 complete album equal items, 5,063 pure album gross sales and a streaming depend of 1,024,702 to debut at No. 176.
The Rhymesayers MC’s final solo effort, The Impossible Kid, peaked at No. 60 on the Billboard 200 upon its launch in 2016.
Top 10 Billboard 200 Rap & R&B Albums For The Week Ending 01/24/2019
Note: The first quantity under is that this week’s “complete album equal items” depend, an intersection of album gross sales, single gross sales, and streams applied by Billboard’s new ranking system. A pure album gross sales determine is accessible in daring in parenthesis and details about every album’s streaming depend is accessible in brackets.
- Future — The WIZRD — No. 1 — 125,948 (15,300) [143,619,329]
- A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie — Hoodie SZN — No. three — 48,936 (614) [71,197,924]
- Various Artists — Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse — No. four — 38,735 (four,622) [43,858,759]
- 21 Savage — I Am > I Was — No. 5 — 37,310 (651) [52,609,890]
- . Meek Mill — Championships — No. 6 — 36,610 (1,120) [47,902,823]
- Post Malone — Beerbongs & Bentleys — No. 7 — 35,383 (2,363) [45,123,206]
- Travis Scott — Astroworld — No. 10 — 34,440 (1,281) [45,227,628]
- Drake — Scorpion — No. 11 — 33,532 (1,111) [43,790,824]
- Kodak Black — Dying To Live — No. 12 — 29,559 (290) [42,686,095]
- Juice WRLD — Goodbye & Good Riddance — No. 15 — 25,496 (463) [40,242,061]