Ben & Jerry's Release 4/20 Marijuana Video Exposing Racial Disparity In America
Ben and Jerry’s is a famous ice cream company, but they aren’t afraid to get political. Today is 4/20, a revered holiday for most stoners across the globe. Even if you smoke every day, 4/20 holds a special place in the hearts of pot smokers. To celebrate the holidays, many companies are running weed based campaigns, and out here in Los Angeles, dispensaries are managing amazing weed deals. Ben and Jerry’s decided to celebrate in a different way though: by calling out the racial disparity in the justice system.
In a video clip that runs for just under a minute, Ben and Jerry’s addresses that fact that white millionaires are investing in weed, and states are reaping the benefits of the taxes on the plant. Still, a disproportionate amount of Black men sit in prison at this very moment for selling pot. How is this fair? Ben and Jerry’s raises that question with their promo, and recommends that “legalization doesn’t leave people of color behind.” To make things even bolder, Ben and Jerry’s asks that all weed charges be expunged for those who carry the damaging scar on their records. It’s almost as if Ben and Jerry’s knows their clientele is comprised of millions of stoners who love ice cream.
- Virgil Abloh's Louis Vuitton Fashion Show Features Kid Cudi, Kanye West Reunion
- Dwyane Wade's Son Zaire Receives Offer From Nebraska
- Diddy Shares Throwback " I Wouldn't Wanna We White" Video From 2006 Documentary
- Sauce Walka Blasts Offset & Cardi B: "You Called Me Crying Like A Lil Hoe"
- Johhny Manziel Throws 4 Interceptions In Disastrous Return To Pro Football
- Wiz Khalifa Drops $three.four Million On New Encino Estate
The sudden, tragic passing Anthony Borudain that took place this morning after he committed suicide has rocked the entertainment world and those closest to him. “His love great adventure, new friends, fine…
Jerry Lorenzo's model Fear Of God is thought for fascinating designs and their newest collaboration with Nike is proof of that. Of course, the road began with the Nike Air…