Chance The Rapper's Debut Album Will Arrive In July, Inspired By The Day He Got Married
Chance The Rapper added to the plethora of new music that dropped today when he shared his new Murda Beatz and TisaKorean track, “Groceries.” The single if the first offering from Chance’s upcoming debut album that’s set to arrive in July. In a new conversation with Zane Lowe, the Chicago rapper detailed how his project is inspired by the day he got married.
“The whole album has been inspired by the day that I got married and how I was dancing that day. We had a reception with the legendary DJ Pharris. And we all danced our hearts out,” he explained. “It was the hardest I ever danced in my life and I’m a great longtime dancer. Everything in it is all the different styles of music that make me want to dance and remind me of that day and remind me of that night and all those people that were there.”
While it may seem that Chance already has a stacked discography of music, all his previous releases were mixtapes and just solo singles. Working on something that’s being presented as an album changed the way he worked.
“I’ve been waiting to make an album for a long time,” he said. “So, the process has been just me being back in the studio all the time. Just making two songs a day. And trying to have fun. But at the same time, I understand that it’s going to be more. More songs. More flexes. More dancing. Just more.”
Who’s here for this?
- Kanye West Reportedly Wasn't First Choice For "Saturday Night Live" Season Premiere
- YouTube Cracks Down On Dangerous Pranks Like The "Bird Box" Challenge
- Tiffany Haddish Called On To Host Oscars By "Get Out" Actress Betty Gabriel
- Chicago Cubs Deliver Chilling Baseball Opening Day Watch
- Elon Musk Feud With Azealia Banks Becomes Legal: Rapper Claims "Threats Of Blackmail"
- Air Jordan 1 High OG "First Class Flight," New Details, Photos
Houston-native Travis Scott has partnered with New Era Cap for a limited edition Houston Astros hat collection, featuring three different fitteds.The New Era x Travis Scott x Houston Astros collection is…