Elton John Pays Tribute To Mac Miller With A Fitting Dedication
Since Mac Miller’s death a few days ago, there has been a flood of tributes and dedications from all corners of hip-hop and beyond. Last night saw another such tribute, but this time from someone a little unexpected.
During his show in Allentown Pennsylvania last night, Elton John took a moment between songs to acknowledge the late rapper. He said:
The song that Sir Elton dedicated to Mac was his classic “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me,” a fitting one for a tribute to the recently deceased rapper.
Although Elton John may seem about as far as it gets from hip-hop, he’s had quite an influence on the genre, which you can hear in albums like 808s & Heartbreak, which Elton John calls “the sexiest record since What’s Going On” (Sir Elton also played the piano for “All Of The Lights”), and also the recently-leaked Young Thug cover of John’s “Rocket Man.”
Watch the video of Elton’s dedication below, along with a video of playing “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me.”
- "Spider-Man: Far From Home" Trailer Gives First Look At Mysterio In Action
- Kevin Durant Addresses Raptors Fans Alongside Serge Ibaka: Watch
- Plies Sends Hilarious Message To The Colin Kaepernick & Nike Campaign Haters
- Snoop Dogg, Denzel Curry, De La Soul, Joey Bada$$ & More Score That "Madden 20" Soundtrack Money
- Nike Air More Uptempo EU “City Pack” Release Date Announced
- Nikki Bella Moving Out Of John Cena's Home: Report
Following a last-minute delay, Jadakiss has officially released the fifth studio album of his legendary career, Ignatius. A recurring placement on top ten lists from the barbershop to the booth,…
Benton Harbor, MI – A man who was on the FBI’s 10 Most Wanted list was apprehended earlier this week — but that didn’t stop him from doing the shiggy.…
Oscar winner Rami Malek is reportedly within the ultimate levels of securing a deal to play a "Bond villain" in subsequent installment of the franchise. As you possible deduced by…