Enes Kanter Mocks Kyrie Irving When Discussing Why He Chose No. 11
The Boston Celtics officially introduced their new signings at a press conference on Wednesday, which includes All Star point guard Kemba Walker and veteran center Enes Kanter. Both Walker and Kanter were presented with their new uniforms at the presser, as Walker officially transitions from No. 15 to No. 8, while Kanter opted for the familiar No. 11.
When asked about his decision to choose 11, Kanter mocked former Celtics point guard Kyrie Irving, telling reporters with a smile, “I wanna be the reason no one else will.” That quote was pulled directly from Kyrie’s 2018 Nike commercial, in which he described how his father wore No. 11 at Boston University and how he wanted to make sure nobody else ever would wear it.
Check out Kanter’s remark, as well as the commercial that inspired it, in the tweets embedded below.
As noted, Kemba Walker will be wearing the number of Celtics legend Antoine Walker, because his old No. 15 is retired for Tommy Heinsohn.
Unlike the situation with Kanter, there was no shade involved when Walker revealed that he’d be wearing Toine’s old number. The 29-year old point guard told reporters, “He [Antoine] gave me the blessing.”
- Kanye West Recreates "Ye" Listening Party At Project Wyoming Events In Miami & Chicago
- Soulja Boy Reveals Drake's Reaction To Viral Breakfast Club Interview
- Draymond Green Laughs At James Harden For Wanting A "Fair Shot"
- XXXTENTACION's Murder Suspect Wants $10K For His Own Private Investigation
- Mark Wahlberg Is Very Happy About The Oscars New "Popular Film" Category
- Charles Barkley Believes The U.S. Government Should Apologize For Slavery
By now most of you already heard about Bow Wow’s struggle together with his girlfriend final weekend. The ATL rapper was arrested final Saturday morning for assault, allegedly hitting his…
Carmelo Anthony's pursuit to play in one more NBA season before calling it quits has become quite the story line this Summer, as the talking heads on TV and his former…
Now that we're within the wake of the Clemson Tigers defeating the Alabama Crimson Tide, 44-16, for the National Championship, it solely is smart that we'll hear the juiciest sizzling…