Enes Kanter Mocks Kyrie Irving When Discussing Why He Chose No. 11
The Boston Celtics officially introduced their new signings at a press conference on Wednesday, which includes All Star point guard Kemba Walker and veteran center Enes Kanter. Both Walker and Kanter were presented with their new uniforms at the presser, as Walker officially transitions from No. 15 to No. 8, while Kanter opted for the familiar No. 11.
When asked about his decision to choose 11, Kanter mocked former Celtics point guard Kyrie Irving, telling reporters with a smile, “I wanna be the reason no one else will.” That quote was pulled directly from Kyrie’s 2018 Nike commercial, in which he described how his father wore No. 11 at Boston University and how he wanted to make sure nobody else ever would wear it.
Check out Kanter’s remark, as well as the commercial that inspired it, in the tweets embedded below.
As noted, Kemba Walker will be wearing the number of Celtics legend Antoine Walker, because his old No. 15 is retired for Tommy Heinsohn.
Unlike the situation with Kanter, there was no shade involved when Walker revealed that he’d be wearing Toine’s old number. The 29-year old point guard told reporters, “He [Antoine] gave me the blessing.”
- Dave Free Says "Tactics" Used During Kendrick Lamar's Rise Wouldn't Work Today
- Ja Morant Is Now A Nike Athlete Thanks To Multiyear Deal: Report
- The Game Admits Bloods Beefed With Him For Taking Nipsey Hussle On Tour
- Meek Mill Jumps In Kourtney Kardashian’s Comments: “Ass Phat In The Second Pic”
- Drug Kingpin El Chapo Denied Outdoor Time & Earplugs So He Won't Escape
- Adidas Yeezy Boost 700 "Magnet" Coming This Fall: Best Look Yet
Ever since Kodak Black mentioned he punched Sticky Fingaz in the head, most individuals have been questioning how the 2 of them managed to be in the identical place collectively.…
Paris, France – Kimora Lee Simmons ushered in a brand new period when she unveiled the Baby Phat line again within the late 1990s. It rapidly grew to become the…
"Warning" is up there with some of the greatest hip-hop songs of all time. The song arrived one Ready To Die which turned 25 years old today. Timbaland paid homage to…