Erykah Badu Is At Her Soulful Best For NPR's Tiny Desk Concert Series: Watch
To hell with being deliberately woke, Erykah Badu would be the first to advise against sheep walking. The inherent beauty of her idiomatic vernacular is that it exists only in the moment. Inherently, the idea of Erykah Badu suiting up for NPR’s Tiny Desk is conceivably what the series had in mind when it debuted as a contest. Then again, Erykah Badu whole career has been permeated by acoustic learning. Hence why her Tiny Desk concert may be the least deconstructed of them all. But you can’t call it cheating unless you strip her of her factory settings. Not going to happen.
Erykah performed a smoky rendition of “Rimshot” off Baduism and “Green Eyes” off Mama’s Gun, the first two releases in her celebrated discography. Those two album arguably represent her ceiling as a recording artist, but on a personal level Badu has shown no sign of regressing. After performing both numbers, Badu listed off her spiritual pseudonyms, a quirk very few can pull off earnestly.
Erykah was flanked by RC Williams on keys, Braylon Lacy on bass, Cleon Edwards on drums, Frank Moka on percussion, Kenneth Whalum on sax, Keyon Harrold on trumpet and Dwayne Kerr on flute, all members of her creative cloud.
- Jada Pinkett Smith Explains Why She's The Happiest She's Ever Been At 47
- Young Thug Trying To Find Out Who Might’ve Snitched To Georgia Police: Report
- Chance The Rapper Reveals Release Date, Title, & Artwork For Forthcoming Album
- Netflix's April Additions: Kevin Hart & "Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina"
- Chris Brown Assembles "Indigo" Guests With "Avengers" Themed Poster
- Golden State Warriors Gifted Nike Epic React PEs, Limited To 37 Pairs
Yesterday, Ciara sat down with the matriarchs of the Smith family to discuss how she developed her "beauty marks." The term was used to describe how she's grown over the…
Earlier this Summer, while Superman actor Henry Cavill was on a press run for Mission Impossible: Fallout, he was asked what video game he was currently playing. "The Witcher 3. I just replayed…