Sony Pushing For "Venom" To Have PG-13 Rating: Report
The first trailer for Venom gives the movie a dark, violent that had fans speculating the film would be Sony’s first R-Rated Marvel movie, but according to a report from Variety, it is increasingly unlikely that will happen. Sony is said to be pushing for Venom to stay within the confines of the PG-13 rating, as to remain on within the same playing field as the more family-friendly Spider-Man films and expand the Spidey universe with characters that can intermingle.
Plans have already been announced to make a film based on Morbius, a vampire villain from the Spider-Man comics starring Jared Leto, as well as recruiting Richard Wenk (The Equalizer 2) to write a film based on Kraven the Hunter. Characters like Silk, Jackpot, and Nightwatch are also being considered for features. If Venom is kept at PG-13, the studio believes there will be greater leeway in having characters cross over within the films.
Venom recently underwent reshoots in L.A. after filming in Georgia, though it is unclear if this has anything to do with Sony’s rating expectations.
We just want to know if Venom will actually bite that guy’s head off from the trailer. Watch it below.
- Selena Gomez Reportedly Hospitalized After Having “Nervous Breakdown"
- Cardi B Labour Rumours: Bardi Baby-Obsessed "Identify" Maternity Room
- Homeboy Sandman & Edan Announce New Collaborative LP "Humble Pi"
- Supreme McGriff's Son Instagram Trolls 50 Cent With His Own "Many Men" Lyrics
- Jussie Smollett Reportedly Has One Chance To Tell The Truth Before Case Hits Grand Jury
- Rick Ross, Freddie Gibbs & Wiz Khalifa Lead This Week's "Fire Emoji" Playlist
The UFC 231 important occasion is formally a go. Brian Ortega and Featherweight champion Max Holloway each checked in underneath the 145-pound restrict right now; Ortega weighing in at 144.75 and…
Aaliyah has been on our minds recently for causes apart from her musical legacy. Today, the music world is remembering the singer's life to rejoice what would have been her 40th…