Yoshiki donates $100k to urgent environmental issues | The Music Universe
Japanese rock star donates through Yoshiki Foundation America
Internationally renowned, composer, classically-trained pianist, rock drummer and leader of the rock group X Japan – Yoshiki – has donated $100k to two of the world’s most urgent environmental issues. $50k will go to the Australian Red Cross to aid victims of the Australian wildfires and $50k to the Rainforest Trust’s Conservation Action Fund. The funds are donated through his 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization Yoshiki Foundation America.
“Conservation and sustainability are two of my primary concerns,” states Yoshiki. “No matter what country you are from, we are all one planet. This is an issue that concerns everyone, and I hope more people will join this cause.”
The Japanese rock star attended the Golden Globes this year and was moved by the outpouring of support he saw at the event. In addition, his filmmaker friend James Gunn’s support inspired him to expand the Yoshiki Foundation’s mission to environmental causes. Yoshiki has been supporting disaster relief and music education for children over the years.
- Machine Gun Kelly & Jay-Z Tear Up The Dance Floor
- Kanye West Still Dubs "Rick & Morty" His Favorite Show On Television Right Now
- Tay-K Picks Up Another Felony While Incarcerated
- French Montana 911 Call Suggests He Was Intoxicated Before Heart Problems
- Sa-Roc Joins Rapsody's 'A Black Woman Created This Tour' & Drops 'Hand Of God' Video
- Jacquees Is All Smiles Next To Superfan Who Tattooed His Face On Her Back
After Louis CK was canceled following his sexual misconduct allegations where he masturbated in front of a group of women without their consent, the comedian dipped from the radar for…
He may have let his rap persona run rampant for the NBA Awards, but Shaquille O'Neal was back to his suit-and-tie self for a sit-down interview with Hoda Kotb for The Today…